Monday, December 15, 2008

The American Dream

Waking up from the American dream
In the article “Waking up from the American dream” by Sasha Abramsky; writes how is the feeling of anti-American are fell outside of the country. She described the old American with the new America after cold war. How they change over the years. How a survey show the hate among the people is growing. She informs us about the opinions of few people about American of today. For example, the disagreement with the American government because the war with Iraq or also with the president of the United States. The most important, the influence of the American in the world. Sasha explains how the American grows over the 20th century or become a super power in the world. For Sasha the American forgot to paid attention to important issues. She gives some details of how the American cooperates with the world after the World War I and II. What was the reaction of the world after the attack on September 11, 2001. During the description she tell how the American could defend the attack because is the most powerful country in the world with greatest resources. But also how Britain or few countries in Europe where she grows mostly stands alone after the first two world wars. She believes the 20th century was the American century. But still she tells the American dream can be still alive among the outsider.
I think the article was very interesting because I never thought about the American dream after September 11. I assume the American dream is associated with the economic of our country. No matter the reaction of the government, the foreign still immigrate here because they feel safe and they feel secure financially. Sometimes the American reacts differently because is protecting the interest of the country. I agree with the author of how the American responds the attacks. The reputation of this country was in jeopardy. But I believe we got the right to focus more in our nation’s issues before others. Right now we having a crisis; it all depend we fixed we might continue having the American dream. The American influence in the world was based on defending the attacks against terrorist. The majority of the people in the world said the war against terror was a justification for the government to control the Middle East oil. I think the influence was lost because the republican government didn’t focus too much outside than Middle East, they should focus more in making more advertisement for freedom or democratic in third country . For example, American is losing control in Latin-American. Most government in Latin-American is more into socialist. I hope by the time Obama is finishing his first term he change the government from many courses so they can paid attention to outside world.

No comments: